Introductory Tour, 3-Days / 2-Nights
$660 per person
Quito – Cuyabeno – Quito
updated prices for 2024
Day 1 – Experience the Rio Aguarico
Your short tour begins with an early morning flight from Quito to Francisco Orellana Airport in Coca where our Kichwa guide will welcome you. From there, we depart for Tierras Orientales where we will eat at a light lunch. Next, we begin our journey into the Cuyabeno Wildlife Reserve on our motorized canoe! Appreciate the spectacular views and wildlife sightings along the Rio Aguarico.
We will arrive at the lodge in the afternoon with an opportunity for time in the hammocks before heading out for the golden hour, a time of day when wildlife are more active. After admiring a gorgeous sunset reflected in the calm waters of the reserve, we will return to the lodge, maybe spotting a caiman along the way. Lastly, our evening will include a night walk in the jungle and a delicious dinner prepared by our local staff.
Day 2 – Immerse in Kichwa Culture
In the earliest morning hours, we will head out on the water to observe birds, monkeys, pink dolphins, anacondas, and other animals that are most active just after dawn. When the sun is higher in the sky, we will return to the lodge for a light breakfast.
In the afternoon, we will introduce Kichwa traditions by touring in a paddle canoe, fishing for piranha, and learning about traditional medicines. This amazing day of adventures will culminate in a farewell dinner highlighting Kichwa culinary traditions.
Day 3 – Farewell to the Cuyabeno Wildlife Reserve
Begin the morning with a light breakfast before our early morning departure by motorized canoe, repeating our journey back to Tierras Orientales then boarding a van or bus to the airport in Coca for your return to Quito.
Our Itineraries Include
- Pick up at the Quito International Airport the day before this trip begins (please inform of us of your flight number and arrival time upon booking)
- One night of lodging in Quito at Hostel Alpachaca BEFORE the official first day of this itinerary.
- Pick up at the Hostel Alpachaca and transport to the Quito Airport for your flight to Coca; further assistance at the airport.
- Flight to and from Quito to Coca
- Land and river transport from/to Francisco Orellana International Airport in Coca to our lodge.
- Tour Guide who speaks English, Spanish, and Kichwa (if you require another language, we can hire another guide at additional cost)
- Professional Birding Guide for group tours
- On the Cuyabeno-Yasuni Combo Tour a Kichwa guide from the Yasuni will join your group in their region.
- Lodging & Meals, including purified water and hot beverages
- Rain ponchos and rubber boots for your stay.
- Tips for guides, drivers, and staff
- Alcoholic beverages
- Travel insurance
Suggested Items to Pack
Headlamp or flashlight, waterproof 10x42 binoculars, lightweight clothing, long pants (not shorts), sunscreen, sunglasses, mosquito repellant with Deet, your personal medications, and US currency in small bills or coins.
Payment for Tours
Western Union or International Bank Transfer:
We will send banking information after confirming the dates for your reservation.
Naturalist Guide who speaks French or German: $110 per day
Birdwatching Guide, available with advanced notice in English, French, or German: $130 per day
Reservations must be made with 3 months advance notice; last minute reservations will be charged an additional fee.
This itinerary is priced per person. However, a minimum of two people are required to make a reservation. If you are a single person wanting to schedule this trip, the single person upgrade is the equivalent of 30% above the advertised price.
Children under 5 years of age stay free in the same cabin as their parents. However, we will charge for a roundtrip ticket to-from Quito-Coca. Children 5 years and older pay full price.
We can arrange small group tours for 6-12 people at a time.
Entrance to the Kichwa Lodge is possible every day of the week except for Sundays.
Reservation Request for The Cuyabeno Introductory Tour
Would you like to make a reservation? Please fill out this form. If this is an urgent request, please contact us directly via WhatsApp at +593 96 073 6216.
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.